To build the Leduc Skatepark I was contracted by Spectrum Skatepark Creations to do the skatepark design. I cam up with a few designs. With Jim's approval on a design.
I was whisked away on a plane from Vancouver to Edmonton to do the design workshop with the local skaters. It was a pretty cool experience and I would love to do more of that type of work. After doing that fun part of the skatepark design process I was also involved and doing some technical stuff too. All told I was involved in several parts of this project. Spectrum and the architects once again pulled a great park out.
Design and Public workshops:
- I created design ideas package with photos and video. Collaborating with Spectrum Skateparks.
- I got on a plane one day to lead a design workshop with the Leduc area skaters.
- Developed a design the used pathways to create a less typical skatepark design
- Included trees and planters as skateable features
- Designed a three section multilevel bowl with oververt and many many fast lines.
That included most of the technical drawing work. I made the blue prints for the entire design.
- I created the engineering drawings including
- site plan
- site drainage and grading
- sub drainage
- skatepark plan
- skatepark sections and construction details
- created final asbuilt drawings
Here is a computer model of the design:
Here is the bowl:
The overall park was altered a bit after I was done my work. I guess the budget didn't allow for some features. The bowl and the street path were the most important features and they were kept.
I would love to get out the Edmonton and skate this park. Maybe one day I will. I look forward to a cross Canada trip stopping at many of the skateparks I have been involved in.
skateboard trick list
Basic Skateboard Tricks
by Nathaniel Adie
Show your friends your skateboard skills. From stepping on a skateboard to the famous kickflip. Learn moves every time you go skateboarding.
This eBook has 71 pages of mobile formatted photos and trick tips. Specially formatted to read on mobile phones. Take this book with you. Check it for tips during your session.
powered by SendOwl & stripe