Axle Stall - Aka 50-50 stall. A stall on both trucks of the skateboard on an edge or coping.
Tricks you need to know
Drop in, pumping, carving, rock to fakie backside kickturn.
Things to know
Doing this trick backside is a easier then frontside on ramp. To do this trick you will need enough speed to get the back truck up above the coping of the ramp. The co-ordination to place the front truck down on the coping.
Once stalled in 50-50 you will need to pull your front truck up and put it back into the ramp to roll away. Like a backside kickturn.
- Get speed by pumping or dropping in.
- Come up the ramp perpendicular and be ready to lift the front truck and turn.
- Close to the top lift the front wheels up
- Start a kick turn.
- You want the back truck to roll over the coping and lock onto it with the hanger.
- Once locked keep pivoting on that hanger and place you front truck down on the coping.
- Time the top of your turn with the top of the coping and get the front truck in place.
- Stall for a second on the axles and then start the turn back into the ramp.
- Lift your front truck
- Pivot it into the ramp like a backside kickturn.
- Once the wheels are down and clear of the coping you can put your body into the ramp and roll away
- Like a champ!
Get you backside kickturns down solid and high on the ramp.
Be able to pull your front truck up and rotate 180 and then slam it down and roll back into the ramp.
This motion will get you ready for when you are doing it on the coping.
Return from Axle Stall to Skateboard Tricks
Return from Axle Stall to skateboardhere homepage